For this year's 36 Days of Type Challenge, I wanted to use my established colour palette to create a typeface fitting for my personal brand. I felt, I wasn't showcasing a lot of the colours from my palette and often defaulting to my main Aqua and Grey colours.
I based my general width and height on the font Arial Narrow and modified it to fit my aesthetic. I wanted to achieve a slim, rounded look that incorporated a loop. Because I decided to go for a singular stroke design, I duplicated the character stroke and offset it diagonally backwards to create some depth and dimension. This also allowed me to showcase more than one colour per character. It challenged me to match four different colours from my palette in total, including the background.
Pairing the characters. and subsequently. colours according to a 6x6 grid, ensured that no background colour appeared double in neither a horizontal nor vertical line. I felt that this would give the final typeset, when presented as a whole, a more balanced look. 
Every background colour appears at least four times, some five times (apart from grey, because it's quite overpowering), to ensure no colour is overpowering the final piece. I paired each background colour with a matching colour, which was sometimes tricky, as some colours in my palette match better than others. It was easier to match the coloured squares in the beginning, as I had a lot of freedom on how to place them. It became a little bit trickier further down the grid, trying to avoid duplicating colours within a row/column or having them sit too close between two rows. I did my best to avoid using the same colour combination for the character strokes, on the same background colour I have used before. If I couldn't use a completely different set of colours for the character strokes, I would at least try to use a different arrangement of colours from front to back.
Some characters didn't lend themselves well for the loop, shown in the letters A and B. For characters like C or 0, I deviated from the design and created an alternate version, which still incorporated a loop design but of a different variety. This ensured that the two alternate versions would still work as a homogeneous typeface.